For the third year in a row, Seven Loaves donated food and catering services for the Plano Race for the Cure. This was our first year, however, to be the Exclusive Hospitality Sponsor for this massive event. We set up in four different locations and served over 1000 people!
We donated and served all the food and coffee in both the Survivor and VIP tents. Participants there enjoyed build-your-own omelets with cheese, bacon, turkey, sour cream, and homemade salsa. Along with fresh fruit, pastries, and muffins, we also offered build-your-own yogurt parfaits with blueberries, strawberries, and granola.
In addition to the VIP and Survivor tent catering, Seven Loaves provided coffee for roughly 400 event volunteers.
We participated in the race as well. Seven Loaves had a team of eight who ran in the 5K race. Half of our team was staff members and half were friends who were eager to support the cause.
Plano Race for the Cure puts 100% of the net proceeds of the race toward their mission. Of the net income, 75% stays in our community to help fund local programs offering breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment. The remaining 25% goes toward the Susan G. Komen Research and Training Grants program.
In addition to raising funds for the breast cancer movement, Race for the Cure also increases awareness, celebrates breast cancer survivors, and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease.
Breast cancer is way too common
- 1 in 8 women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime
- In North Texas, 21 women are diagnosed with breast cancer and 3 women die every week
- 1 woman in the U.S. dies from breast cancer every 13 minutes
- At the current rate, 13 million breast cancer deaths will occur around the world in the next 25 years
Unfortunately, breast cancer knows no boundaries. It affects people of every age, gender, socio-economic status and location.
One of the benefits of our success at Seven Loaves is the ability to give back to our community. We were happy to have the opportunity to contribute again to the Plano Race for the Cure. It’s a great cause, and we think they do incredible work. We were glad to be a part of it!